Tuesday, March 25, 2014

I can't lie

I'm here to tell you that my murdery tendencies have struck again. I killed the basil plant. I didn't want to. Maybe I knew I was going to from the start? Probably. It was destined to die.

ALL of my other plants are still alive and growing, I am happy to report. I had to take my darling ivy plant over to my moms house to live because apparently most ivy is toxic to kitties. My mom will take good care of it and I will visit him (flo - rida) frequently.

I wanted to share a recipe with you today. Measurements are rough and to your taste so I don't know if this really counts as a recipe but I've been shoveling so much of it into my mouth I felt like I had to tell you.

Roasted Cauliflower and Garlic:

Serves 2-3 depending on how far you are willing stretch your stomach in one sitting.

1/2 head cauliflower
2 cloves roughly chopped garlic
1 small lemon, cut in half
extra virgin olive oil- about 2 tbsp 
salt and pepper



  • Pre heat your oven to 400
  • Chop the cauliflower into small florets
  • Toss with olive oil and garlic in a good size bowl
  • Transfer to a baking sheet and spread the florets (thats a funny word) out evenly. 
  • Cut your lemon in half. Use one half now, squeezing the juice all over your cauliflowers. 
  • Season with salt and pepper to taste. 
  • Bake for 15-20 minutes
  • Use remaining half of your lemon to add more sexy flavors to your cauliflower. 
  • Taste and add more salt if you think you need to. I'm not the boss of you
  • I couldn't make this bullet point go away so please forgive me okay thanks.


    I can only show you a photo of the pre baked cauliflower because my desire to eat it was stronger than my desire to have a pretty photo for you. 
    Did you know that cauliflower is very high in Vitamins C and K?  It is. Cool huh. It's also a part of the cruciferous family (cabbage, brussels, bok choy, broccoli) and some studies have shown us that these veggies can help prevent certain kinds of cancer. Honk my horn. 



    I hope you try it. 

    hugs.

No comments: