Monday, August 11, 2008

Do you believe?

In horoscopes?
I don't, at all really but somehow i've been set up to receive a daily horoscope in my email, which comes to my phone. Sometimes I delete this email before even reading it. I would say maybe 4 times a month I actually read it, and 3 out of those 4 times I go.. "pffff ya right.. maybe for some other virgo..." But today my horoscope spoke to me, uh huh yes it did.
And it said,
"Candice,

You will know that thoughts of passion are now deflated by the illusions a partner had about you. The tension between true and false is uncomfortably apparent. Look to move on rather than change who you are to fit someone else's desires."


It fit so perfectly with how my heart feels and what my head knows. "The tension between true and false is uncomfortably apparent. Look to move on..."

Anyway, like I said, I don't actually believe in horoscopes and what not. I just found it eerie how accurate this one was for me. I tell myself to move on every single day but I never listen to my own advice, just like little Alice in wonderland. Maybe someday.


Yaaaaay Camille and Kate and Liv will be home this weekend I am so freaking excited. My parents host an annual luau in our backyard and that will take place this weekend. Its always really fun. I'm not terribly excited about the whole "roast-a-pig-in-a-hole-and-smell-the-leftovers-in-my-moms-fridge-for-a-week" part. But the rest of it is super.

I think I forgot to tell the story about the time, last week, when the love of our lives, our one and only Kitchen Aid Mixer had a near death experience. We were beating the sugar and the butter, beginning the magical cupcake process when the mixer started to make loud scary noises such as "ker plunk ker plunk" or something like that. So we turned him off and investigated. The pin that holds the top part into the bottom part was falling out, causing it to flop all over the place. We stared, we frowned:
















We tried to put the pin back in but no matter how hard we shoved or twisted it just would not return it its proper place. I started to panic. Oh no! How will we ever live without this member of our family? I took the pin all the way out and removed the top part. It was heavy. We saw a perfect hole where the pin should fit and it just wasn't making sense why it wouldn't GO BACK IN THE HOLE!! ARE YOU TOO GOOD FOR YOUR HOME PIN? As I was trying to put the top part back on, and give it one more try, suddenly the pin fit just fine and it came back to life and we made this face:
















And then we made oreo cupcakes and they were good. I need a nicer camera so that I can take pretty pictures of the pretty things I make. But for now, I just set the cupcake next to our piglet friend:




















The end.

1 comment:

Coco said...

that cupcake looks so gooood! I'm such a sucker for cupcakes.