Wednesday, February 15, 2012

In the kitchen

My mom is so sweet and she gets me a valentine every year. I remember coming home from school when I was a little girl and being so excited to find a special gift from her on my bed all neatly wrapped. I felt a bit like a jerk this year because I didn't get anyone a valentine. I need to be more like my mom and try to ignore how annoying and forced this holiday is and just use it as an excuse to celebrate my love for all the people around me.
She got me this awesome set of stackable measuring cups, mixing bowls, colander, and even a sifter! I never sift, I cant freaking wait to sift!! Plus they're bright and colorful and she knows I like that.

Other things going on in my kitchen...


Still cooking my brussels. I've been adding a bit of brown sugar to them and I love how it caramelizes and sweetens them.

I went to a fancy party on Sunday night at my friend Chantelle's house. I brought these yummy little chocolate peanut butter shell cookies. I want to share the recipe with you but I actually had to modify it a bit from what was in the book so I need to perfect it first and remember what I modified before I share it. Curtis said they taste like reeses peanut butter cups but BETTER and KC loved them. Recipe coming soon.



*edit
http://www.theppk.com/2009/03/peanut-butter-pillows/
I've made this recipe for a very similar cookie and they're amazing. The PPK also has a TON more egg/dairy free baking recipes for anyone out there will food allergies.

No comments: