Tuesday, July 22, 2008

What happens in Vegas....

.... Gets posted on my blog :)

I had a lovely weekend.
I enjoy staying at the JW, but doesn't everyone?
It's fancy.
It makes me feel more important and rich than I actually am.
I love the carpet and the rugs and the paintings.
I love the pillows.
I love the jetted tubs.
I love Palm trees.

I don't really love Las Vegas though. Its bloody hot out there.
Swalls, Swass, Swarmpits, Swees, Sweverything.
Plus I didn't bring a swim suit, which was my own choice and fault. So I didn't really soak up any sun. Oh well, I'm not a fan of skin cancer anyway.

I have a very interesting family. Not just my immediate siblings and parents, but my uncles and cousins are all very special and unique. Cousin Rooney comes outside sucking on Olivias binkey, (her deeedeeeee) and he is also wearing my green jelly shoes. He proceeds to remove his bright green Palo Verde t-shirt and climb around the plastic playground claiming he is like unto Tarzan. He squeezes his little man boobs together and says, "These are my boobs, these are my boobs, these are my boobs.." and he points to Camille and says, "Show me your boobs!!"
Sometimes we don't know how to react to these situations. No matter how friendly and polite and nurturing you are, dealing with mentally challenged teenagers can create serious awkward moments. I consider myself a tender hearted woman, I am compassionate and I lend help when I see it is needed. I, for some reason, become so uncomfortable when dealing with situations like the one I mentioned above. I don't know what to say to Rooney. I don't want to treat him like he's 5 because he's not a little kid, but I obviously can't have an adult conversation with him. I try to be nice and respectful to him because I know he has challenges that cause him to behave this way. But I just... can't..... I just don't know how to deal. I love him dearly with all my heart.

Moral of that story is:
1- I'm never getting married
2- I'm never having children

Mom don't worry- Camille will pop out babies like it's going out of style. She'll make up for the kids I ain't havin.
We had a really good time and I took more than 100 pictures haha.... I won't bore yall.





















Kate and I before we almost peed our pants.


















The girls :)



Oh Yeah and.....






















Before we left we had a little going away party for Camille. It was fun. The stuffed mushrooms turned out awful. Hey Candice, maybe follow a recipe next time? Great thanks. Fortunately for me, Matt is a vacuum and he'll eat just about anything you put in front of him.
I also made cupcakes the day before the party. They were quite fantastic I may say so myself.
Orange cupcakes. And Chocolate Mint cupcakes.
















I love you cupcakes.

1 comment:

Camille said...

I predict you will have more children than me.

I hate the awkward moments too, but they are dang funny now... JERKASS!

Please put more pictures on your blog of this weekend. Thanks.